Prosthodontics and Crown and bridge is the branch of dentistry that deals with the restoration and maintenance of oral function by the placement of missing teeth and other oral structure by artificial devices.
The Department of Prosthodontics started functioning with UG programme (BDS) since 2001. Presently it is located in the A wing at first floor and spreads over 9514 sq.feet area. Post graduate programme (MDS) commenced in the department from year 2009 with 2 seats/year. At present we have 6 post graduate students performing their rigorous academic activities like presenting seminars, journal club, case discussions and performing various prosthodontic treatments including complete denture, removable partial denture, fixed partial denture, full mouth rehabilitation, maxillofacial prosthesis, implant related surgeries followed by implant care. The department has 39 working dental chairs, special implant clinic, advanced equipment and instruments, and implant kit with physiodispensor, seminar room with modern audio-visual aids, separate PG room, sterilization room and library as per DCI requirements. Students get exposure to large number of patients as the daily OPD of the department is more than 60 patients.We cater services to more than 1400 patients per month with advanced treatment options to achieve excellent results. More than 20 national and international research publications and 4 ongoing projects are enough to represent our research activity.
To be recognized globally as leaders in clinical education, innovations in curriculum & research, patient care and service in the discipline of Prosthodontics and making salutary contributions towards success of Oral Health.
The comprehensive mission of the Department of Prosthodontics is:
1. To prepare undergraduates dental students in the art and science of Prosthodontics and to meet and exceed the necessary standards.
2. To educate postgraduates to become dental specialists in the field of Prosthodontics for academic, research and clinical careers.
3. To advance knowledge in Prosthodontics through continuing education, clinical practice & research for better service towards community.
1. To provide the best environment for continuous learning and inquiry.
2. To enhance and enrich the teaching, learning and research activities.
3. To create an environment which promotes respect, creativity, and recognition of all staff, students and interns.
4. We discover, interpret and disseminate new knowledge that promotes and restores health.
5. To provide opportunities for staff and students to enable them to develop to their full potential.
6. To provide comprehensive periodontal care with compassionately selflessly and ethically.